FDP For Librarians on Creation, Preservation and Dissemination of E-Content
St. Vincent College of Commerce, Pune-37
in association with
UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
Two weeks Online Faculty Development Programme (FDP) for Library Professionals on
Creation, Preservation, and Dissemination of E-Content
Duration of the program: 6 June to 19 June 2020
Objectives of the Program : –
1. To create awareness about the importance of e-content creation.
2. Acquiring Video Editing skills.
3. To learn Learning Management Systems(LMS) and MOOCs.
4. To Learn efficient Preservation of e-content
5. To Learn tools used for Dissemination of content.
6. To acquire efficiency in Data processing.
7. Tools to organize data and copyright Issues.
Topics to be covered:-
1. Role of librarian e-content Development.
2. E-content and Plagiarism.
3. Creation and Editing of Desktop/Mobile based Instructional Video
4. Creation of Institutional Repository using DSpace
5. Creation of website and web tools for the Library.
6. Tools useful for e-content creation.
7. Effective Information Retrieval Tools.
8. Google tools for Information Dissemination.
9. Open Access e-resources and E-content creation.
About the college:-
St. Vincent College of Commerce affiliated to the Savitribai Phule Pune University is managed by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) catering to the needs of the students from the marginalized sections of the society. The College adheres to the Jesuit hallmark of an all-round, value-based, and disciplined approach to education since 1970.
About the program
The program empowers the Librarians with latest updated knowledge in the area of Creation, Preservation, and Dissemination of E-Content for effective sharing of knowledge to its seekers, it also enhances the skills of the Librarians in the process of dissemination of information in the most systematic and efficient manner
- Lectures 97
- Quizzes 2
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 431
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self
Day 1 : June 6,2020 Inauguration and Key Note Addresses
- Hon. Shree. Uday Samant , Minister for Higher Education , GOM
- Prof. Dr. Sanjeev Sonawane , Director , UGC-HRDC , Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- Fr. Dr. Jeevendra Jadhav , Director , St. Vincent College of Commerce
- Dr. Anil Adsule ,Principal , St. Vincent College of Commerce
- Day 1 : Session : Role of librarian In E-content Development , Dr. Rajendra Kumbhar , HOD ,DLIS,SPPU
- Day 1 : Attendance / Assignment / Feedback
- Quiz : Role of Librarian In E-content Development ( Prof. Dr. Kumbhar sir Session )
Day 2 : June 7,2020 : Learning Management System and Librarian
Day 3 : June 8,2020 : E-content and Plagiarism
Day 4 : June 9, 2020 : Educational Video Editing Softwares for Creating E-content Part -I
- Creating Educational Video Dr. Gopakumar V ,HOD ,DLIS GOA University
- Day 4 : Feedback /Attendance for ( Dr. Gopakumar V )
- Camtasia Video editing Software ( Diff. Between Old Version and New Version) By Yogesh Mate
- Camtasia Version 8.4 Download Link (Set Up)
- Installation of Camtasia 8.4 version Process
- .NET Framework Link ( Download it , if not Installed on your PC)
- 1. Quiz 2. Assignment 3. How to upload any Document on Google Drive
Day 5 : June 10, 2020 : Educational Video Editing Softwares for Creating E-content Part -II
- Basics of Camtasia Studio 8
- How to Download Copyright Free Music from You-tube Library
- How to select Copyright free Images from Google
- How to Create Library Instructional Video with Background Music.
- How to Create You Tube Channel .
- How to create On Screen Website Explanatory Video
Day 6 : June 11, 2020 : Educational Video Editing Softwares for Creating E-content Part -III
Day 7 : June 12, 2020 : Open Broadcaster Software
Day 8 : June 13, 2020 : Introduction and Installation of Linux Operating System for Libraries.
- What is Linux Operating System
- How to Install Ubuntu 8.4 LTS for Libraries ( Study Material PPT)
- How to Install Ubuntu 8.4 LTS for Libraries (Session) Pradeep Bachhav Librarian, Agasti Arts, Commerce and Dadasaheb Rupwate Science College, Akole
- Quiz : (Based on Only 8.1 What is Linux Operating System)
- Day 8 : Attendance /Feedback
Day 9 : June 14, 2020 : Installation and Working with DSpace
We Already Learned Installation of Linux and Oracle VM Virtual Box In session 8.3 . In this Session we are going to learn how to Install Dspace.
Day 10 : June 15, 2020 : Metadata Harvesting and Bulk Import In Dspace
Day 11 : June 16, 2020 : PhpList Email management in libraries using Open Source Software.
- PHPList Application Introduction
- XAMPP Introduction and installation
- Database Creation for PHP List Application
- Download and Installation of php list application
- phpList Email Configuration Settings In Config file
- phplist application Features
- Creation of Subscriber Lists
- PHP list Subscriber Import
- phplist – How to Create and Send Mails
Day 12 : June 17, 2020 : Creating E-content Repository ,Enhancement of Websites and Creating Android App for libraries.
Day 13 : June 18, 2020 : Useful Tools and Resources for E-content Development
Day 14: Quiz , Valedictory Sessions , Overall Feed back
- Quiz on Overall FDP (50 Points )
- Chief Guest Valedictory Function Dr. N. S. Umarani , Pro. Vice Chancellor , SPPU
- Dr. Aparna Rajendra , Director KRC , SPPU
- Dr. B.M. Pange , Ex- Director KRC , SPPU
- Dr. Namita Khot , Director , KRC , Chh. Shivaji University Kolhapur
- Dr. Jagdish Kulkarni , Director , KRC , SRTMU
- Dr. Sanjay Desale , Chief Mentor FDP , Jaykar KRC , IQAC coordinator SPPU
- Prof. Subhash Athavale , General secretary , MUCTA , University of Mumbai ( Librarian and Participant)
- Mr. Nitin Joshi , Librarian , KRC , MIT , WPU ( Participant)
Vote of Thanks
Expert Discussions and Participants Feedback
Media Coverage to FDP Programe
Very excellent job by organizers
Congratulations for organizing this FDP .The theme of FDP is truly proved in the form of course content and course speakers and course organizers
Excellent FDP for librarians
Thanks to organize Excellent FDP specially for librarians.
Excellent FDP. It was great opportunity to learn something new.
Dr Rajashekara GR
I congratulate the organizers for the well designed FDP program for LIS professionals.